Preserved Benefits Estimate
If you're a former member of the NHS Superannuation Scheme's 1995 or 2008 Sections (including Practitioners), you can use the Preserved Benefits Estimate Calculator to estimate your retirement benefits.
The calculator will allow preserved members of the scheme to estimate their own current preserved benefits. Whilst we have made every effort to ensure accuracy, the figures stated are estimated only. Exact figures for retirement benefits cannot be given until such time as an application for retirement benefits has been made in accordance with the scheme rules.
Before you start, you should:
- have your preserved benefits letter and certificate to hand
- read the guidance notes provided on the calculator
This calculator should provide:
- an estimated illustration of your preserved benefits at today’s value (including transferred in service, added years or Mental Health Officer service)
- a printable letter and certificate of the results provided
- a retirement estimate if you've reached age 55 (including any reduced benefits if applicable)
This calculator does not provide: 2015 scheme benefits, the effect of pensions tax charges on your benefits, details of future state pension or private pension provision, details of any survivor benefits payable in the event of your death or details of terminal ill health benefits.
If you have any issues either accessing the calculator or with its functionality, please contact us.
If you have any issues with completing the calculator fields or with the figures provided, please contact the NHS Awards team.